We have launched a new market, starting in November 2019, on the last Sunday of each month run by Shepton Mallet Revival CIC, trading as The Shepton Experience which strives to be 'not just a market' but a monthly event incorporating live music, DJ's, street performances, themed attractions and fun competitions.
Shepton Mallet Revival CIC, trading as The Shepton Experience, is a ‘not for profit’ community interest company. This has been set up by a group of Shepton Mallet residents who feel passionate about engaging with the community and wish to see the continued improvement in the community spirit in Shepton Mallet grow further.
Initially the Company will establish a new monthly Sunday market event so as not to compete with other established markets. The organisations primary aim is to carry out events which will benefit the community of Shepton Mallet with particular emphasis on regeneration of the town centre.
The market events will run on the last Sunday of the month, open to the public from 10am - 3pm, from March through to November with one additional special event. This will coincide with the weekend event of the Lantern Parade on the appropriate Sunday in December.
Other activities will include community led events to encourage residents to be proud of the town and build on its history and community spirit.
The continued success of the market is reliant on the support of the local and surrounding community. Come and experience the hustle and bustle of a traditional town market.
We welcome all independent traders including arts and crafts, fresh produce, hot food, designer-makers and suitcase traders but spaces are limited so please ensure you get yourApplication Formin as soon as possible.
We also welcome local musicians and performers to attend these events and request that any interested parties complete thePerformer Application Formin thePerformsection.
we need your help
We are always looking for volunteers, so if you would like to be involved in the market in any way, i.e distributing flyers, stewarding, putting up banners or posters, please Contactus.
FEEDBACK SO FAR:
- "It was a great day! Met loads of lovely people and the music was great." Janet Mills, market trader
- "Lovely event with a great atmosphere, well done to everyone involved x" Su Stewart
- "It was a lovely day - enjoyed all it has to offer and the positive atmosphere. Thank you to everyone involved in all kinds of ways you are all doing a great job!" Jan Height
- "Fabulous day, well done to everyone involved." Ali's Homemade Produce, market trader
- "You have certainly made me feel proud of our Shepton Mallet community again. Thank you for all your very hard work. Xxx" Karen Mercer, owner of My Coffee Stop
- "Great atmosphere at the Victorian Fayre in #SheptonMallet today with lots of people in #vintagecostume. Here's to #2020 and continued success!" Mark Adler @ The Mendip Times
- "It was a perfect day! Great atmosphere lovely friendly fellow traders and customers . Jude was funny and full of life will definitely be returning in Feb xx" Sarah Price, market trader
- "Well done to all the team involved in today's amazing market. The town was busy and buzzing and I loved it" Emma Chandler
- "It was a brilliant day! My second best day in the shop." Helen Reader, owner of The Fairy Godmother Shop
- "We had a lovely time and met some fantastic people. Looking forward to seeing everyone in December." Rose Steele, market trader
- "Lovely stalls, friendly atmosphere and huge amount of gifts to buy xx" Monica Cock
- "Fab event." Sarah Bovey
- "Was a great day, lovely atmosphere, lots going on, fab stalls and shops." Jo Monroe
- "We had a fabulous day, thank you for organising such a brilliant event!" Karen Waldron, market trader
'The Shepton Experience' is the trading name of Shepton Mallet Revival CIC a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee.